My co-worker and I decided to make another top 10 list for this month. We tackled the top foods to eat while watching a game (drinks not included). There was no formal criteria or mathematical system.
1. Pizza - Anytime, anywhere, it's tough to beat.
2. Hot dogs - Probably the best food to eat at the game, no matter the sport.
3. Chili - This suffers a little from being a cold weather food, but it's a great accompaniment for watching football.
4. Chips and Salsa - I'm a messy eater, so this isn't as high as it could be because I'm very likely to spill salsa on myself.
5. Chicken Wings - This is a tough one to rate. If I'm back in western New York, wings are a clear number 2 behind pizza, but now that I live in Chicago it slides down the scale a bit because good wings are hard to come by (in fact I haven't had any wings in Chicago that I'd call good, anyone know a good place to try?).
6. Deli Sandwiches - I like salami or italian assorted. If they're made with good bread, deli sandwiches offer the most bang for the buck.
7. Peanuts - Nothing says baseball like a bag of peanuts in the shell.
8. Pretzels - Large soft pretzels are another stand out at live sporting events (and underrated at mall shopping trips).
9. Chex Mix - This wouldn't have made my list prior to the Super Bowl, but at the party I went to this year I couldn't stop eating it.
10. Nachos - Probably no other food contributed more to my current physique. When I was in high school, about an hour before bed I'd have a big bowl of nachos and cheese while watching whatever sporting event was on tv.